These are my favourite vampy cruelty free lip shades - perfect for that dark and bold, classic Autumn/Fall look. While I’m aware there are many more out there these are the ones that do it for me in terms of quality and colour:
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Liquid to Matte Lipstick in Grand Cru. This is a deep toned dark red which lasts for ever. Great value product.
- Lush liquid lipstick in Confident is a deep but buildable plummy shade and can be used as a more of a stain which is great for those who are, ironically, not too confident with such a bold look but want to give it a try!
- Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Palais Royal. Described by Nars as a ‘sangria’ shade this is a deep berry colour, more pinkish than red which makes it a darker shade thats a little easier to wear if you have a fair complexion. Its great at moisturising and the ‘satin’ finish adds a lovely sheen too.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Lip Liquid in Vampira is yet anoter liquid to matte formula and I personally find darker lip shades look much better in matte formuals than glossy or creamy ones. This is a super and aptly named vampy deep burgundy. The Everlasting Lip Liquid really intensifies the shade you’d get using the Studded Kiss lipstick in the same colour.
- Last but not least, Illamasqua Lipstick in Howl, a deep terracotta red. It’s not as dark as their old shade Growl but its a great ‘gateway’ shade to the more darker colours you typically see this time of year. As usual with the Illamasqua lipstick range I find its a little drying so just make sure to prep your lips properly before hand with a good lip scrub and moisturiser!
Beauty giant Sephora has recently started offering shipping to parts of Europe!! This is so exciting!
All those US only brands and Sephora exclusives are now only a click away, rather than several hundred air miles and an expensive holiday!
Shipping is a flat rate of £6 for orders over £75 (eek!), but I put a Kat Von D lipstick through the checkout process to calculate postage and it was only £13.07 which really isn’t too bad. Especially since you’d be getting something quite out of the ordinary! You also get the usual option of 3 free samples too.
I wonder how long postage would take?
I think it’s a service best used as a treat, but a very welcome one all the same! Anyone used it yet?
tori-tbag said: How long does it last? Would be very interested to try this!
On me it usually lasts about 5-6 hours before it starts gradually fading to a pink stain. The lipstick hardly transfers while drinking coffee/water, etc., it doesn‘t survive a greasy meal or heavy makeout sessions though :’D
You don‘t have to touch it up very often during the day, and I like that it doesn‘t bleed or feather either!
#answered :D 🙏
My #NARSissist blush collection. From the left side to the right side, going top to bottom: Sex Fantasy, Desire, Coeur Battant, Sex Appeal, Enchanted, Day Dream, Oasis, duo in Deep Throat/Amour, & Douceur.
[October 15th 2014]
💄Rediscovered: Lush liquid lipstick in “Decisive” (DE: “Entschlossen”). It has an excellent long-lasting formula and a perfect, very pigmented blue-toned cherry red color. Did you know that all liquid lipsticks by @lushcosmetics are vegan? I for one continue to be stoked about this fact. Proof you really don’t need carmine for a vibrant red💋
100% cruelty free red! Not tested and vegan
My MAC brush conditioner finally ran out last month. There aren’t many cruelty free dedicated brush shampoos/conditioners on the market - of course you can use baby shampoo from a cruelty free brand but I feel that since brushes are such an investment you should give them the best care possible!
Thankfully I discovered this shampoo a few weeks prior to the demise of my MAC one so I was well prepared. They also offer a spot cleaning variant which would be great for anyone who invests in lots of different coloured looks etc through the week and needs to clear residual pigment. Of course BareMinerals are one of those brands who are owned by a testing parent company but that’s better than nothing at all!
There are two ways you can apply this shampoo; either squeezing a tiny amount onto a damp brush or creating a soapy mix using lukewarm water to dunk and rinse your brushes in. I opted for using the soapy mixture method for my first go as I was cleaning a few small eye brushes and my concealer brush so I didn’t want to waste any of it! I filled a small glass about a quarter full and gave about a 1 second squeeze of shampoo which was sufficient amount to clean 3 x small brushes, 2 x medium and my big fluffy powder brush (not pictured). I needed to give the water a good stir up to get the bubbles foaming but once this had happened it worked fantastically and was much easier than using the MAC conditioner. I dipped a brush in one at a time, swirled it around, caught some suds on the bristles and then lifted it out to work the suds in with my fingers and to blot off on paper towels before giving each brush a quick rinse. For my larger brushes I repeated the dipping and cleaning process a coupe of times - in the future I think I’ll clean my Optical Blurring brush and any other thick/dense brushes by putting the shampoo straight onto the brush though to save repeated washing.
Remember not to use hot water or to fully submerge your brushes or you’ll risk destroying the glue and causing them to shed!
Once my brushes were dried they felt very soft and fluffy, but most of all thoroughly clean. The colour of the muck coming out of my large powder brush was disgusting - the bristles are just so dense and long that the MAC conditioner was clearly struggling to give it a decent deep clean.
Top marks for this, I’m actually kind of looking forward to cleaning my brushes again! :O
Available in store or online RRP £10
Fall fashion will begin making its way into stores soon. Unfortunately for the animals, this means fur season is just around the corner.
These are the faces behind every fur coat. This is why we fight. So if you see real fur for sale— walk out.
No retailer that sells real animal fur deserves your business. Let them know why you’re not shopping at their establishment. SPEAK UP! If you want to take action, let us know and we’ll help you out.
Compassion is the only fashion.
~Fur Free LA